Monday, July 28, 2008

Sleep Away Camp




I'm currently sitting in my dorm room trying to be quiet now that "Quiet Hours" are in effect at the TTTC - Teach the teacher collaborative workshop in Ojai, CA. There have been highs and lows, but I got really pumped up tonight at the Google Earth workshop. The potential for exploring the world through Google Earth is amazing. We looked at Google Lit Trips and created our our Teacher Tour including links and images to locations throughout the world. Amazing stuff.

My second favorite find of the night was a program called iShowU which is an inexpensive ($20) screen capture program that records your actions on screen as well as any dialog you speak as your presentation evolves.

1 comment:

Jani Nelson said...

Mary Ann
I am soooooooooooo jealous!! I loved my camp experiences at TTTC. I had the opportunity to be a part of TTTC for two different summers-- years ago--and I still treasure the experience. I fell in love with Thatcher School and only wished my own children could have been students there!! The Ojai Valley is still my favorite weekend hiking destination.One of my 23 Things postings has a picture taken from my most-loved hike in Ojai. So enjoy, and keep sharing... -jani