Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week 7 Things # 16 & 17

The thing I love most about 2.0 tools is that anyone can now be a content creator for information on the web. We are no longer limited by programming skills and expensive software. I see the potential of wikis in many different environments. Students can maintain class encyclopedias for science terminology or maybe students could contribute and post different types of poetry for a language arts class.

I know I'm a MOODLE pusher, but the thing that I love about Moodle is that your classroom is limited to your students. Once they post to a wiki their posting is linked to their account along with any edit or changes made to that wiki. That way you can track their contributions as well as monitor the appropriate uses of posting.

Posting in the "Sandbox" was fun. I posted information gleaned from Wikipedia. It's amazing what information is out there. Has anyone ever posted on Wikipedia?

No comments: