Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Week 3 Thing #7

I checked through the 23 Things and noticed that Twitter was not on the list. I love Twitter. Twitter is a social networking tool used by people to post short snippets of blogs. Many times a twitterer will post a tweet that includes a link to his or her blog, but it's a way to get information out there in a succinct way. You can select different people to follow and I'm always looking for people with great EdTech ideas. I follow Kathy Schrock, Bernie Dodge and Leigh Zeitz, a professor from my undergrad years, to name a few.

One of the twitterers posted this amazing lesson about creating emotion and tracking it through a song/video.

I am constantly picking out great things from the tweets. Many times people will be attending seminars and will tweet the main points back to their audience. It's a great way to connect with people with very little effort. My Twitter page.

2 comments:

Mrs.Levy said...

Hi Mary,

Just checking in.. I'm working on the Library Learning 2.0. If only there were more hours in the day!

Take care,
Susan
CHS Librarian

Kathy Schrock said...

Thanks for following me on Twitter!

Kathy