Monday, June 16, 2008

Week 6 Thing #13

Yeah social bookmarking! I have been using social book marking since the mid 90s. I started out using Backflip.com and I love it because it put a little tool on our toolbar to help us "backflip" our favorite websites into folders. It worked pretty well. Now, I'm working on updating my del.icio.us page. It took me a little time to get used to the tagging aspect, and I still have way too many categories, but I'm gaining on it. I love that I can access those bookmarks anywhere and share links with others. Some of my classmates from SDSU have shared their links with me and I can get lost for hours browsing their favorites.

3 comments:

Sheryl Grabow-Weiss said...

I found that I used del.icio.us throughout the entire tutorial. It is the one tool I use constantly, everyday, all the time! There is a way to put icons on your web page to access your del.icio.us page and to easily post sites to your page. I enjoy following your blog - there is always some new site to explore.

addy said...

Hey Mary! Adriana here - I love my del.icio.us account. I save EVERYTHING to there! I am here: http://del.icio.us/adrigirl816 Talk to you soon!

hoffy said...

Hi Mary,
I just went to your del.icio.us page and was finally able to 'see' what it is about.
Thanks for sharing the link for me to download Tooble. I hope I can do it! There have been so many times this past year I wanted to show my students a video on youtube but was not comfortable doing so. It can enhance teaching so much even in PE! My only obstacle is finding space to bring my class to watch it!

Dawn